Going green, getting healthy, saving money, and creating a better world.
Going Green, Getting Healthy
The choices we make impact our health, our family's health and the health of our planet. If we each start making greener choices, no matter how small or seemingly insignificant, we will make a difference.
There are many ways that we can go green, work toward getting healthy, and make a difference in our world. There are simple, affordable ways to live sustainably, to become healthy on all levels, and to effect our family and earth positively.
My hope is to offer you specific information on going green, when and why you should choose organic and how those choices impact our health as well as the health of our environment.
I believe we want to make responsible choices, we sometimes just need to be shown the way. With good information and simple tips and encouragement along the way, you can start the process of going green, of becoming your best self. We want to be positive role models for our children and to pass on a healthy earth.
It's a Process...
I have had a passion for health and fitness for more than 20 years and have worked as a personal fitness trainer and physical and health education teacher all of my adult life. I began studying green topics and working toward reducing my carbon footprint more recently.
The biggest change that I have found in my own life is that I feel so much better about the food that I feed my family. I continue to learn and become more aware of the impact of my purchases and how to strive for balance in both life and our environment.
Remember that it is a process. You don't have to revamp all of your habits in one day. Choose one thing to change, whether it is replacing your incandescent lights, switching to reusable grocery bags, turning off the water when you brush your teeth, or slowly switching your purchases to local and/or organic foods.
As you become more aware and see positive changes in your life, you will continue on your path of going green and getting healthy.
You have already made the first step by coming to this site. My hope is that we can grow together and share our experiences along the way.
- Going Green Getting Healthy Blog
- Get sage advice on going green and getting healthy--the latest on healthier foods, healthy products, organic recipes, and green living.
- Green Living Solutions; Where do I Start?
- Green living solutions can be found in every facet of your life. Raising your awareness is a good start...
- Organic Recipes - Getting Healthy With the Basics
- Organic recipes are easy. All you have to do is take your favorite recipe and tweak it to make it healthier for your family and better for the planet
- Whole Food Facts aka Wholefood Facts
- You may ask yourself why you need to know whole food facts or why you should learn about some great wholefoods
- Going Green at Home and in Your Yard
- Going green, or the thought of living more sustainably, can seem overwhelming at times. We forget that our day to day choices at home and in our yard
- Get A Free Solar Power Quote
- Get a Free Solar Power Quote from our strategic partners, One Block Off the Grid
- Modern Day Barn-Raising; We Learned, We Laughed
- Whether you call it a barn-raising, a one week green building workshop, a working vacation or adult summer camp...with Andrew Morrison
- I Love Coffee; 7 Sustainable Coffee Habits you Should Know
- Like many of you, I love coffee. But, are your coffee beans shade grown, bird friendly and/or organic? Does the bag indicate fair trade? What does all of this mean? What else can I do?
- Wheatgrass Facts
- Wheatgrass facts? Most of us have seen or heard of wheatgrass but do you wonder about the true benefits of wheatgrass? I did. So I did a little research of my own
- Restore Deck with Deck Restore
- Restore deck sealer: Should we try to restore our deck with Deck Restore or should we just replace it
- How To Cook Tofu
- Are you stumped over how to cook tofu? This simple, delicious recipe gives you a nutritious and healthy alternative to ground meat. Use it in your favorite
- True Cost of Lawn Care
- When you think of the cost of lawn care, do you think of money spent? Do you think of your valuable time spent? How about the cost to our environment
- Lower Grocery Bill: Here's the Easiest Way
- We would all like a lower grocery bill without foregoing food quality. We look for sales, buy in bulk, we sometimes forgo organic for conventional. The easiest thing is to...
- Alternatives to Gift Wrap
- Alternatives to gift wrap are plentiful. With an increased awareness and concern for our Earth...
- Energy Efficient Freezer
- Should you purchase a more energy efficient freezer and get rid of the one you have
- Muesli Recipes: Homemade is Oh, So Good
- Muesli recipes are really quite simple, and certainly worth the time it takes to create. Muesli is packed with nutrients and can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or, in our household...
- The Definition of Green Living
- What is the definition of green living? We hear buzz words such as sustainable, eco-friendly, earth friendly, living green...
- Green Traveling for the Rest of Us
- Green traveling doesn't have to be about reserving a spot at a high end eco-resort located half a world away
- Organic Smoothie Recipe - Healthy and Convenient
- This organic smoothie recipe is healthy, delicious and easy. You get multiple fruit and vegetable servings plus various seeds and protein
- Chia Seeds; All Good, No Downside
- Chia seeds; I looked high and low and I only learned great things about Chia seeds. Although, they have been around for centuries, they appear to be all the buzz...
- How to Cook Quinoa, the Basics
- Although there are endless variations of quinoa recipes, the question of how to cook quinoa is answered most simply, Just treat it like rice
- Benefits of Cauliflower Combine Deliciously with Quinoa Benefits; a Recipe
- This cauliflower and quinoa recipe truly combines the delicious and nutritious benefits of cauliflower with all the hearty flavors and benefits of quinoa
- Michael Pollan Books - Everyone Should Read Them
- Michael Pollan books have dramatically changed the way I look at food. Michael Pollan's delivery and perspective are refreshing and
- The True Cost of Cheap Food
- What is the true cost of cheap food? Americans have demanded cheap food and our agriculture and food processors have listened but at what cost
- Unprocessed Food; The Skinny on Wholefoods
- We need to tune into whole, unprocessed food or at the very least, minimally processed food
- About US
- Who GoingGreen-GettingHealthy is, what we are about, what we do. Explore greener, healthier ways with us
- GoingGreen-GetthingHealthy Legal Disclaimer
- Contact GoingGreen-GettingHealthy.com
- Contact Us Page